The current approach to hair loss treatment is very much a ‘one size fits all’ solution based on your symptoms and clinical presentation. The success of any given treatment is largely dependent on your genetic profile and lifestyle factors. This means that not all hair loss treatments work for everyone, and close monitoring of treatment over 6 to 12 months is needed to evaluate any response.
Wouldn’t it be great to know if a treatment is likely to work?
Fagron TrichoTest™ is a genetic test for hair loss that analyses individual gene variations and lifestyle factors, so we can identify which hair loss treatments are most likely to provide you with the best results.
Who is TrichoTest suitable for?
TrichoTest™ is suitable for both men and women and is better suited to the following hair loss conditions:
- Androgenetic Alopecia (Male and Female patterned thinning)
- Alopecia Areata (Patchy hair loss)
- Chronic Telogen Effluvium (long term hair shedding disorders)
A full hair loss consultation is recommended to evaluate the suitability of TrichoTest™
How can Trichotest™ help me?
- TrichoTest™ can identify which hair loss treatments are most likely to be effective for you, providing a personalised treatment plan which can be discussed with your Trichologist.
- Have past and present treatments been unsuccessful? TrichoTest™ can help you and your Trichologist understand why, and suggest a more suitable treatment approach.
- Family history of hair loss? TrichoTest™ can analyse your genetic predisposition and the likely hood of you developing hair loss in the future.
How does TrichoTest™ work?
TrichoTest™ measures intrinsic factors (genetic profile) and extrinsic factors (Lifestyle, general health… etc) that are associated with various types of alopecia.
TrichoTest™ analyses 3 polymorphisms within 16 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), resulting in 48 (3×16) genetic variations on the most relevant mutations related to the personalized treatment of alopecia. All SNPs analysed in TrichoTest™ have been scientifically validated from population studies, presenting a
significative global incidence.
The genetic variations analysed with TrichoTest™ are associated with 7 different categories of alopecia
• Prostaglandins metabolism: GPR44-1; GPR44-2; PTGFR-1; PTGFR-2; PTGFR-3; PTGES2;
• Inflammation: GR-alpha.
• Androgenic effect: CYP19; SR5DA1; SR5DA2.
• Vasodilation and blood circulation: ACE.
• Collagen synthesis: COL1A1.
• Vitamins and minerals metabolism: CRABP2; BTD.
• Insulin metabolism: IGFR-1.
The Process is Simple….
- A thorough consultation and online questionnaire is completed with our Trichologist in clinic.
- A DNA sample is taken from the inside of the cheek and then sent off for testing.
- A report is provided along with suggested treatment options based on your genetic results.
- You would then be referred to our independent prescriber, who can provide you with your treatment.
- Review appointments are advised every 3 months in clinic to monitor your progress/response, and to provide you with ongoing support. (Review appointments are £45 per visit)
- Eating, smoking, alcohol and caffeine should be avoided one hour prior to the DNA sample being taken (drinking water is allowed)
- A consent form will need to be signed by the patient and Trichologist, and sent with the test kit.
How much will TrichoTest™ cost?
The cost of the test is £295, this includes a full hair loss consultation and an online follow up appointment to discuss the results.
Existing patients who wish to book a TrichoTest™, will be able to redeem the price of their previous consultation against the cost of the test (provided the consultation was no more than 3 months ago)
We are now able to offer TrichoTest™ remotely!
Contact us today to book a virtual consultation and begin your journey to personalised hair loss treatment.
Please complete the form below to make an enquiry, or you can book a TrichoTest™ online:
239 Hessle Road
We may be able to accommodate appointments on additional days upon request.